Mercure Charlestown directions and map
Charlestown attractions, activities and more
As Australia's sixth largest city, Newcastle offers an abundance of exciting sightseeing activities and places to visit for the young or the young at heart. With pristine, white sandy beaches that rank amongst the world's best, this small coastal city will capture your soul with its panoramic views and divine beauty.
Located just outside the downtown area, Mercure Charlestown offers effortless access to the best attractions, activities and things to do in Newcastle.
What to do in Newcastle:
- Take a memorable wander around Bathers Way, past historical sites and around the city's major beaches.
- Have a coffee or take a stroll along Darby Street, the city's main street for cafes and art galleries with specialty and boutique shopping.
- Visit Fort Scratchley, a historic landmark that was built in the 1800s and the only fort in Australia to have engaged the enemy in a maritime attack during WW2. Fort Scratchley is a fascinating piece of Newcastle's past, overlooking the city’s magnificent coastline and iconic Nobbys headland. Now you can walk through and taste the history in the concrete walls yourself with tours running at various times daily.
- Go on a wine and cheese tasting day trip to the Hunter Valley, located just 40 minutes out of Newcastle. It’s the home of the Hunters Vineyards.
- Enjoy the native flora and fauna at Blackbutt Reserve, situated six kilometers from Newcastle's Central Business District and open from 7 a.m. daily. Walk though and take in the full picturesque serenity of the reserve or stop by and make a day of it with the family. It’s a must see for kids or any nature lover with dozens of things to see and do.
- Go shopping at the largest non-metro shopping center in Australia, Charlestown Square. It’s just a two-minutes’ drive from the Mercure Charlestown.
- Go whale watching, sand four wheel driving, quad biking, fishing, sailing or gliding, You can also ride a Jet at Williamston airport. Honestly, the list is too long to include everything you can do during your visit!
GPS: S 32° 57' 18.04'' E 151° 42' 17.25''
Directions to Mercure Charlestown
From Sydney, get on the F3 freeway. Take the Swansea exit and follow signs all the way to Charlestown. You can reach the area by plane with the airport around 20 minutes from our CBD hotel as well as by train to Newcastle and then by taxi to us.
Transport Services Near to the Hotel:
- Railway Station: NEWCASTLE (8.00 km / 4.97 mi)
- Airport: NEW CASTLE AIRPORT (32.00 km / 19.89 mi)